Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Victorian Biblical Damnation and its effects




Welcome to my bizarre world.  In a situation that ought to be simple, where two individuals linked by blood ought to mourn together and work together to alleviate a common grief and a number of serious property issues that will end in utter ruin for every one if there is no cooperation, these are the responses I have been receiving lately.

Some one told me once that it is some one who can conceive of a specific crime who often will accuse another of that crime or act.  I have found this to be the case more than once since then.  When I worked almost as a volunteer at a local shop, I was shown by the son of my employer once how to falsify receipts and sales...  it never would have occurred to me, nor did I have any interest in doing anything reprehensible or dishonest.  At the same time, the three children were busy collecting and hiding valuables from one another and ordering my silence...  It is not I who has 'borne false witness'.  It is not I who covet the whole.  I actually want to be fair and try to keep my emotions and my attitude free from anger.

Reading these texts, one could be amused by the Victorian tone, the biblical language... if it were not for what they represent in terms of the mind of the writer.  If serious, it portrays a descent into a sort of insanity in my view.  As Cary Grant said in 'Some Like it Hot':  'nobody talks like that!'  'False witnesses who have risen up' conjures an image of zombies or the final trumpet blast on the Day of Judgement rather than ordinary people who have been subjected to considerable verbal abuse and cruelty by the individual who created these texts.  Meanwhile, from a distance of thousands of miles, other problems presented to me personally recently include a dead, decomposing possum and a broken door.  I am not a magician.

Saying 'No' to some one does not constitute hatred, but that is how it translates in the mind of this individual.  Three years older, I loved and still love this person dearly but never was open to much manipulation or intimidation by her.  That never will change.  I had hoped that years of therapy would have given her a less embittered and negative attitude towards life and others, but evidently the therapists simply reinforce her own vision of herself as the unique 'heir to the throne', some one who is potential prey to 'destruction' by every other member of the 'royal' family.    A friend of my mother's remarked that AA has a description of some of their members as 'terminally unique'.  That really does hit the nail on the head.  We were told always that we were special, that we had a very high destiny in our future. 

We are not that special, alas.  And we are growing older now.  The so-called promises of youth becomes unfulfilled desires and dreams.  Instead of raving about false witnesses and covetousness, people need to grow up after 60 decades, and recognise the limitations of reality.

No comments: