Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

If you celebrate Christmas, you probably have your own rituals and traditions, whether they are personal traditions or those shared by your entire family.

Christmas is one holiday that few people would choose to celebrate alone, but if you must be alone on this magical festival, here is my recommendation:

Play Animal Crossing. I don't suggest the new Wild World for DS as Nintendo decided not to commemorate Christmas in Wild World. It is the original Animal Crossing game for GameCube that makes Christmas enchanting. In your village on Christmas Eve, the trees will be lit with coloured lights and you will be treated to a visit by a magical character: Jingles the Reindeer. With a sack of gifts over his shoulder, Jingles can be found in random squares in your village. If you are clever, you may be able to persuade him to give you more than one gift!

I did spend Christmas with my family last year, but there was a great sorrow in my heart, as I had lost my best friend a few months previously. This friend always had made every holiday very special for us, sending incredible parcels, spoiling us in fact. Christmas reminded me so much of him that it was almost unbearable, but I was able to find cheer and renewed enthusiasm when I played Animal Crossing.

I then was able to return to my family with a reborn sense of magic.

No comments: