Tuesday, November 3, 2020

A Tale of Life and Death, the character of Julian

Julian muses: 

She is the kind of woman that makes one feel like royalty, or even the son of a god.  She is a woman who took my breath away with her audacity, her intelligence, her sense of honour and above all, her presence.  Not the most classically beautiful woman in the world perhaps, but there was an inner light that dazzled and sometimes blinded me.  You may think me a fool, but I was not the only man to kneel willingly at her feet, nor the only one to offer my life to her.

In this day and age, when every one has turned away from the old values, when religion is the topic of vulgar jests and matrimony has become meaningless except for financial benefits, a matter that no longer is blessed with the potential of children much of the time... perhaps you will find the concept of unconditional love and obedience absurd.  Hanging from a cross, I had time for reflection and I am not a man who is gullible or ignorant.  After the first hour, I begged to be allowed to kiss her exquisite feet and to pledge my allegiance to her.

Now you may create your own sordid scenario based on a mistaken notion that my acts were driven by a desire for sexual gratification, that she was Mistress, not of the souls of men and women, but of drama.  I expect you did not pay close attention to the very first thing I said to you:  She is the kind of woman that makes one feel like royalty or even the son of a god.

You probably thought she fed upon her own power and loved the idea that SHE was royalty (which she was by heritage actually) or that divine blood and authority ran in HER veins.  I do know that she thought we all had a birthright that could raise us far above our current social status, far beyond any considerations of money, career or whatever else defines us in the eyes of society.  And THAT was her power, her gift to all who came to her for help.

Much has been written about dominance and submission... once taboo, it has become common currency in the bedroom and the boardroom.  What she offered was far beyond all of the vulgar commerce or partner agreements.  Beneath her whip, I was reborn.

No comments: